Tuesday, October 25

Super Busy

We are totally swamped today at work, so this will be short and sweet!

Can't believe I forgot this in my weekend update: Ashleigh stood alone for several seconds quite a few times Sunday afternoon! (This IS a big deal.)

I'm feeling not nearly as yucky as yesterday, thank God. Hopefully this trend will continue...

Now, I've got a question:
I'm considering doing a smaller 3-4 foot Christmas tree this year that I can put on a piece of furniture. Because with our regular tree (which I don't like anyway, it's too small for our living room-it's only 6 1/2 feet tall) I have NO way to keep Ashleigh away from it. It addition to the pain in the butt of constantly playing defense, I have to worry about her choking on ornaments, getting tangled in the Christmas lights and even pulling the entire thing down on top of her. I'd have other decorations around the house as well. Do you think this is OK? Next year will still be a pain with her wanting to bother the tree, but she'll be 2 years old and have a little bit more comprehension that she can look but not touch. Just let me know if this is a practical but still holiday-minded idea, or if I'm being a humbug. Because I don't want to be a humbug!

4 comments:

Kim :) said...

yeah for Ashleigh standing up on her own! It wont be much longer at all before she takes off running!!

Humm. on the Christmas tree. I would say if your only thinking about putting a small one up because of Ashleigh getting in to it, I say don't do that. The only way she is going to learn that it is a pretty and not something to play with is to have it there. BUT, if you really don't like the tree then that is a different story. Either way will be just fine as it is the spirit of Christmas that matters, not the size of the Christmas tree. :)

Kelley said...

I'm with you...I wouldn't want the hassle of keeping her out of the tree at this age. And next year, she'll understand a little better. For your sanity, I'd put the smaller one up somewhere. And I don't think it's humbug at all, you'll still be decorated. Go for it!

Cory said...

Yay for Ash!!!!!!!!!
I think it is ok and practical to have a smaller tree. You won't have to worry about Ashleigh getting into it, and you won't take up all her play room either!

Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Trees are overrated. It is what you feel in your heart. Make your Christmas special. Help a bum or go on a cruise, what ever fits your style...