Wednesday, September 7

Busy Day

We're pretty busy today and Aimee is out sick, so not much time for posting today, or blogging in general. : (

{Get better soon, Aimee!}

Pretty good night last night, my brother-in-law had dinner with us, my sister-in-law had to work the closing shift where she works. My mother-in-law is sick (STILL) and finally gave up, admitting she couldn't keep Ashleigh today. My sister-in-law is off work, so she's keeping her today. Funny that even though she has a child 6 weeks older than Ashleigh, I'm still worried. Nobody has ever kept her except me, Kenneth, and our mothers. I wouldn't have dreamed of leaving her with Kristi if I didnt' know she would take good care of her, but still..... Just call me crazy over-protective Mommy!

One thing I will share quickly: I'm a little ashamed of myself. I stopped by the store to pick up a few needed items I couldn't get Saturday. And the store is cleaned out. The main thing I'm miffed about is there are NO DIAPERS in the brand I use, Parent's Choice. LOVE them AND they are cheaper. So I'm all ticked off because I have to buy Huggies Supreme and know I shouldn't be because I know all the cheaper diapers are going to hurricane relief efforts. I know this and still I'm upset because I have to pay more than twice as much for diapers and I don't have that extra to spend. Shame on me!!!! At least I have a home, right? Just something I'll have to work on. Otherwise, I'm happy and wonderful, hope you all are too!!!

4 comments:

Kim :) said...

Hope your MIL is feeling better soon! I am sure your SIL will do just fine with Ashleigh, but I can understand your worries.

Sorry about the diapers. :( HOpefully the store will stock the brand you like and use again soon!

Martha said...

Yikes.. sounds like a lot of sickies around you! Eeekkk....

Hmm where did you stop for Diapers?? I was at Krogers and Wal-mart and both had plenty!! Frustrating just the same though huh...... I totally understand that.

I am a totally over protective Mommy too.... I worry if anyone besides me or Rick has him!

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Yeah it would be hard leaving ur child with someone new. But then again, you can be rest assured she has a child too. I'm sure she'll be in great hands. Doesn't stop you from worrying though right?

The diapers going to relief efforts is good....obviously not for you but this will only be a temporary thing. You'll be right soon enough and Ashleigh will be crawling around inher much loved Parent's Choice in no time!

Kelley said...

I'm sure it was a little different leaving her with Kristi...and I'm sure every mother is the same way!
Hope Diane is feeling better soon!

And I can understand the diaper thing...the hurricane is tragic, and it's very wonderful that they are getting the supplies that they need...that doesn't change your money situation though. I hope they've got more stock soon!