Tuesday, September 6

Labor Day weekend

Hope you all had a great weekend! We had a pretty good one, all things considered.

Saturday morning I got to sleep until {insert drum roll} 9:30!!!!! This is a record. After Ashleigh and I had breakfast, we got ready and went to a nearby town to grocery shop. OMG!!!! It was so crowded everywhere. I found out later that Mississippi doubled the amount of food stamps that welfare people get this month which caused some general chaos. Of course, this made realize (again) how incredibly blessed I am. I looked like a millionaire compared to most of those people. At one discount grocery story, I think my Isuzu Rodeo was the only vehicle in the parking lot that was all one color! And Ashleigh was dressed all cute (of course!) and most of the kids I saw under a year old were either in just a diaper or some dirty ragged t-shirt. But everyone was really nice and I had 17 (yes, I counted) people come up to us and tell me how beautiful my daughter was. AND not a single person thought she was a boy this outing. Amazing. Oh, here's a funny little story. A little girl (African-American) came up to us and started talking to Ashleigh. Then when her Mom walked up, the little girl proclaimed Ashleigh to be the "prettiest white baby I've ever seen!" Her mother was mortified. I told her it was OK, Ashleigh was the prettiest white baby ever. LOLOLOL.

Saturday evening and Sunday, Ashleigh was VERY fussy. Damn teething. She had another one Saturday morning, then another Monday morning. That makes 5 total. That extra sleep Saturday morning was needed, because I've been up and down the past three nights, slept many hours in the recliner holding Ashleigh and she's slept in our bed some too. You do what you gotta do, you know?

In addition to my scrapbook pages (see below) I finished a book, painted my nails (fingers AND toes-WOO HOO!) and got the house clean. Especially the floors. I don't think they've been this clean since I got pregnant!

Well, I'm off to read everyone else's blogs!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Sounds like a good weekend! And 17 compliments on Ashleigh, wow! The comment by the little girl was priceless!!!

Kim :) said...

That is to funny about the Cutest little white girl! TOO too cute. Sounds like you had a nice weekend indeed.

Paddle Out for Whales said...

I bet that little girls mother cringed when she said that. haha. Who could take offence to that though?? I think it is adorable. Kids are so honest.

It always feels really good to get things done. I've still got so much unpacking to do...just haven't had the time to get around to it.

Well have a fantastic day.