Friday, September 2

Odds & Ends

First of all, Aimee just burped and it sounded like something you'd hear on a deep jungle safari. Made by something that would eat you. She is so talented, LOL!

Thanks for the positive comments on my new banner. I'll try to work up a little "how to" for those of you who've asked how. (Which is hilarious since I didn't know how until recently and still need help. Aimee will be helping with the how-to, she just doesn't know it yet)

I am so happy this morning. Here are some reasons why:
::It's a payday Friday.
::It's a holiday weekend.
::The weather is a tad cooler with less humidity. The past two mornings have held the promise of cooler weather. (Meaning it wasn't like walking into an oven at 7am)
::Kenneth and I got together a big box of non-perishable food to send to the hurricane victims. It's not much, but it's something.
::I've got the basics: food, shelter, and my loved ones safe and sound.
::My period finally started so my headache is gone. Also glad that I haven't gotten pregnant in spite of being religious with birth control. May sound funny coming from me who loves her child that she thought she could never have, but I am NOT ready for another child right now.

I am a bit sad that I'm missing my friend's out of town wedding. But we just won't dwell on that.

I am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with the situation on the Gulf Coast. Where the hell is the government? It's been five days, plenty of time for the calvary to ride to the rescue. It's like I heard on the radio this morning: THIS IS WHAT WE PAY TAXES FOR. Sure, I think many people who should have evacuated and could did not. But some people simply didn't have the resources to evacuate. And in Mississippi, the hurricane took a turn and we were hit MUCH harder than originally thought. So never mind looking back saying what should have been done. I want to know WHY massive amounts of troops haven't gone in to help with food & medical supplies. And to restore peace in New Orleans. I don't understand those people shooting at rescue workers. It makes things so much worse. So frustrating to see that and not be able to do much to help.......

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments: