Thursday, September 8

Thank goodness for family

As many of you probably know, my mother-in-law keeps Ashleigh each day while I work. This is a great set-up. UNTIL she gets sick. My sister-in-law was off work yesterday and kept Ashleigh so I could work. Although I was a little worried, everything was just fine. I knew it would be or I'd have never left my daughter with her! Well it must have went really well, because she practically insisted on taking off work today to keep the girls again. FIne with me!!

It just makes me realize how very lucky I am to have family I can depend on. Also makes me wonder how people manage without family (or close friends) to count on that way. And if we lived closer to my family, I wouldn't even be facing the prospect of staying home tomorrow and babysitting so Kristi can work. I have several family members who'd be more than happy to keep both girls.

And did I mention Kristi fixed dinner for us last night? Can't beat that!! I'm making dinner for them tonight, I think it's only fair. And it will be fun because we actually LIKE hanging out with Phillip & Kristi. And the girls have fun playing together.

Hope everyone reading this has people they can count on. Tell me about them.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm so glad you have such good people in your life that you can depend on. Makes me jealous knowing your family is so close like that. Wish I was closer to my family...but, even with the distance, I know that they are always there for me. I also have a great family here in Abilene...I'm surrounded by great people!

Martha said...

I am totally jealous! Sadly, I have no family here that I can count on. (sigh)! I do however have several close friends I can call on in dire straights.. and they would come running! Treat your family well as what you have sadly is rare and a true blessing!!!

Danielle said...

my sister lives in texas with her husband and son, but no family close by. wish i could babysit little sam, who is 2.5, all the time! i know it is hard for her, but she gets by. i moved back to near where I am from (after living in LA for 2 years), so hopefully when i have kiddies, i will have a nice support system like you do.