Thursday, September 29

Pretty Shiny Teeth


15682449
Originally uploaded by Sunshyn93.

I just love the way my teeth feel after twice yearly visit to the dentist. I wait as long as possible to eat anything, because I know they won't be this clean again for six months.

But, am I the only one that feels strange having a stranger poke around in my mouth? And I feel really self-conscious--like I'll be one of the break room stories later in the day:
"I had this one lady first thing this morning, and she OBVIOUSLY doesn't floss twice a day...EEWWWW!" Or something to that effect. But the teeth cleaning girl (dental assistant, probably?) and the dentist are both very nice. They both have young children too, so we always talk about our kids.

Unfortunately, the two cavities she discovered in the spring are still there. No miraculous dissappearing cavities. Darn. So, on the 13th I guess I'll go ahead and have that taken care of. Especially considering my mother-in-law had 4 teeth pulled yesterday, I think I'll take the best care of my pearly whites I can!

5 comments:

Kim :) said...

I love the feeling after the cleaning, once I get past the pain I am in! It kills me everytime I have my teeth cleaned. I actually have to be sedated to go to the dentist and then Gary is there with me holding my hand! Terrifies the bajesus out of me!!

Kelley said...

Yep, isn't that a great feeling? They're all smoothe and shiny! :) Sorry to hear about your two cavaties, but YES! Definitely need to take care of your teeth so none have to be pulled!!!

Cory said...

I agree with Rachel. Mine always feel ickie and gritty. But you're a meanie Jackie. You reminded me that I need to make an appointment with a dentist!

Danielle said...

I need to make an appt too. I'm not a fan. Always feel self conscious and like I'm going to get bad news.

When you have a chance, would love to know how and where to put my banner in the template. I can't figure it out. dcgitkin@aol.com. Thanks again for telling me the size and everything! You're the best!

Paddle Out for Whales said...

I love going to the dentist for some reason....can't remember the last time I went though---that's very bad I know. Last time I went he couldnt pick a fault with my teeth, told me I must eat very healthy! I was thinking at the time "are u kidding me??" haha. But yeah...love the dentist - hate the dr's. Actually DESPISE going to the drs.