Wednesday, September 21

Hate these guys...


armadillo
Originally uploaded by Sunshyn93.

I've had a long-standing hatred of the armadillo. It started several years ago, when the ones near my home made it their goal in life to kill anything I planted in my yard. And as I told Aimee earlier, if they were EATING my flowers for sustenance, I wouldn't be quite as upset. (She died laughing because I said sustenance, BTW.) But NO. They just dig plants up and leave them there to die.

They are plant assasins.

And Kenneth is good at killing them. According to my Daddy, it's hard because of that shell, but obviously Kenneth knows just where to shoot. Another reason I love him.

And if you find this offensive, tough! You'd probably feel differently if you spent LOADS of money on plants, then spent an entire day landscaping your lawn, to find most of it lying about the next day, with roots exposed. Sometimes, the plants could be saved, but often not.

4 comments:

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Hahahaha hilarious- amrmidillo's! I've never in my life seen one. That picture is hideous. They look incredibly strange. Where do you shoot them?? Like are you just allowed to go out on the front lawn with a gun and shoot at one?? I find this so funny because we have nothing like this in Oz! They look like rats with armour.

Kelley said...

Ohmygod, that is a hilarious picture!!!!!!!!

I remember having all those armadillos when I lived in Columbus...man, do they dig! Stupid suckers.

A few weeks ago, Kim and I saw one during our walk. He was sticking up out of a big hole, and looked about dead. We pondered over him for a bit...when we came back around to him, he was gone...not dead I guess! Darn!

Kim :) said...

OH man, that picture makes the already hideous looking creatures even worse! *laugh* When Kelley and I saw the one on our walk it sure did freak us out to come back around and him be gone!! We then kept thinking he was going to sneak up on us during our cool down chat! YUCK!!

Aimee H Shaw said...

Poor baby.....just cause he ain't cute :O)
Now seriously - who uses the term SUSTENANCE in every day jibber jabber?
Only Jackie T....she's retarded like that.