Monday, September 12

Long Weekend

My poor niece was definitely sick Friday, so my sister-in-law called and made her a doctor’s appointment. I told her to make one for Ashleigh too and we’d go together. (I was already missing work-why miss half a day Tuesday to take Ash for a well-baby check-up when I could do it Friday?)

WELL, that was a big ole mistake. First of all, the receptionist made their appointments together. Same room, same time. Also, our pediatrician wasn’t in so we had to see the other doctor in the practice. I knew I preferred my doctor, but now I know if Ash has to go to the doctor and hers isn’t available, I’ll take her to another pediatrician in another city. Yeah, it was THAT freakin’ bad. He barely looked at her, did not ask ANY questions about her development, behavior, eating/sleeping habits, nothing!! The only thing that jerk said was when he came in and looked at her chart was “she’s still growing.” Well DUH! (22 lbs. 13 oz. now. Whew!) AND he wasn’t going to say anything else to me. So of course, I just started telling him things. About her cutting teeth, crawling and various other things. And when I proudly declared she’d been bottle-free for almost a month, do you know what that idiot asked? If I was still giving her formula. I WANTED to say no, we give her coffee in the morning and vodka the rest of the day. Instead I said, “Yes, in a sippy cup.” But with attitude that just won’t transfer into type. I only asked one question, which he didn’t even answer. I didn’t want to take up any more time because Kristi was sitting there with Elana, waiting her turn. BLAH!!!!!! I’m going to tell my pediatrician about it at our one-year check-up. If our money wasn’t so tight, I swear I’d go back Tuesday and see our doctor.

Oh well, live and learn....

After I got home, I decided to call the phone company to see why the heck we didn’t have a working phone yet. The woman said that a technician came out the morning after I reported the problem and determined the problem was inside the house. EXCUSE ME? I asked her why nobody called because they got a number where I could be reached if the technician needed to get in the house to fix the problem because we pay $4.95 a month for the inside wire maintenance plan!!!!!!!!!!!!! She didn’t know, but someone could be at our house between 3 & 7 Monday to fix it. Kenneth is out of town Monday so I have to leave work early. That technician better show up and fix our darn phone. Grrrrr.........

The rest of the weekend was great. Ashleigh was a doll. Wonderful, sweet and delightful. My home is nice and clean. My Mom came to visit Sunday and brought 3 big packs of diapers!! My Mom rocks. Even though it was three days long, it was just way too short. : (

3 comments:

Kim :) said...

ugh! I hate when doctors wont give you the time of day! yeah for your mom bring you some diapers! Those things are so dang expensive!
Hope you get your phone up and working soon!

Kelley said...

What was up with that doctor?? And being there with another baby couldn't have been great either. Definitely ONLY go to the doctor you like from now on. Ashleigh deserves some attention when she's in there!!!

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Oh that would make my bloody boil. It is so hard to find a good doctor. I was sent to the hospital recently cause i wasn't well. This was at about 9pm at night and he sent me off to have blood tests. When I got to pathology they looked at me strange and said "why the hell did he send u here at this time of night, we're not open!" To top it off while I was in with the doctor, he was chinese, he couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand him. I looked at his name tag and his name looked chinese so I described my symptoms in Chinese. "Wo bu shu fu!" He didn't even understand that. It was such a drama. Stick with a good doctor when you get one- they are very rare.