Thursday, September 22

Catch Me If You Can


Catch Me 9-21
Originally uploaded by Sunshyn93.

Ashleigh has realized there is a big wide world beyond the living room, kitchen and dining room. Oh goody. My solution is just to close all the door and let her roam the hallway.

It's so funny, it's a game to her. She starts crawling away and you call her name. She looks at you over her shoulder, starts laughing and begins crawling as fast as she can-away from you!

I love that little laugh. It makes everything worthwhile.

I think this photo shows so many things. Even though she's getting so big, she is still so small. She's all about gaining some independence and exploring the world. And chasing the cat. And I'm going to spend years watching her go, wondering where that line is between giving her the freedom she needs to grow and the supervision she needs to keep her safe...

4 comments:

Kelley said...

This is a great picture...look at her go! You're right, she does look so small...but she's gaining so much independence!!!

Pammylew said...

I remember those days with Austin and boy do I miss them. She will be his age before you know it. I hope you are catching this on video!

Cory said...

And away she goes!!! At least for now it's only a few meters...

Kim :) said...

adoralbe picture!! It is hard to know when to let them go alittle and when to hold them back..