Wednesday, September 21

Relaxin'

Awhile back, I asked Kenneth if he thought I was lazy. He looked at me like I told him I was going outside to wait on the mothership to pick me up! I took that as a no. I like to keep a clean, neat home, but also make family time a priority. So if I'm doing anything other that housework or spending time with Ashleigh & Kenneth, I feel lazy. Something I need to work on, I think.

Last night, Ashleigh was in bed at 7pm. And stayed there!!! I did a few things before 8, but then House came on and I watched that, then watched the season premier of Nip/Tuck. That was 2.5 hours of tv viewing...and nothing else!!! No folding laundry, dusting, or reading a magazine during commercials. I totally chilled out. It was hard, but I did it. Of course, tonight I'll be kicking myself for not doing laundry, or whatever, but it was nice while it lasted. I'll need to do more of this "nothing stuff." It's gotta be good for you, right?

Also, if anyone watched Nip/Tuck, let me know what you thought.

OK, break's over, back to work...

4 comments:

Pammylew said...

I am the lazy bum!!! My house is a wreck! I did watch Nip/Tuck and of course I cried - Imagine that! Momma just made me sad. But I enjoyed the show as always with the exception of the 3 way thing. That did not interest me!

Kelley said...

Yes, girl, definitely learn to get a handle on that relaxation thing! I'm with you though, I feel guilty when I am doing nothing. And it shouldn't be that way. In my opinion, relaxation and down time is very needed to keep you balanced, to make you MORE productive when you are doing stuff. You have to give your brain and body the chance to recoup and do nothing!!!

Sorry, don't watch the shows! So no opinion there...

Aimee H Shaw said...

You are INSANE! Down time is the best. We do too much shit at work to overdo it at home. If you can't relax at home - with the exception of taking care of Ashleigh, of course - where can ya? Take it easy girl - you deserve it.

The show - whew. Sexy, gross, ahem....all rolled into one.

YankeeAmanda said...

Girl, I know I'm new at this whole mommy thing, but I already know it's a good thing to take time and chill out and do something completely unproductive every now and then. Relish it!