Wednesday, August 24

Afraid of the Dark

OK, I'm afraid of the dark. But not the way you're probably thinking. I'm not afraid of boogy men or anything like that. What I'm talking about is when the electricity goes out. And it's just ten times worse at night, because then you can't see what you're doing! About 7:15 last night, our power went out. No storms or anything, it just went out. Still don't know why. Well, it started getting stuffy by 7:20. Trust me, Mississippi in August is NOT a good place & time to loose electricity! Ashleigh was immediately fussy and needed constant attention. But as the minutes crept by and it got darker, she got fussier. Kenneth decided to go ride down the road and see if he could find the cause. He finally got home just as it was getting really dark and Ashleigh was freaking out. I figured she was getting sleepy, so I tried to get her to go go sleep. She just cried more and more, louder and louder. It was like the newborn days. Except she's even louder and heavier now!! Oh well. That's life. A little after 8 the lights came back on and my screaming child was suddenly happy. Great. So is she scared of the dark? Or freaked out because it was completely quiet? Or hot? Only she knows, and she's not telling.

So after the lights came back on, I got her to bed. THEN found the ants from hell. Then scurried around to do a few things, only to fall in bed, quite tired. And prayed that the electricity NEVER goes out again. HAH! Fat chance of that one coming true, but you gotta try, right?

1 comment:

Martha said...

Ahhh yes we JUST had this happen Sunday night when straight line winds came thru Columbus! Our power went out at about 5:30 and did not come back till 3am. HOT HOT HOT.. did I mention HOT?? I was seriously laying on our sheets in a tank top sweating. :(

Your daughter might have been feeling your tension and also the change in routine maybe??

Hope it doesn't happen again!