Friday, August 19

Finally Friday!

Well, I'm so thankful it's Friday. I'm sure that most of the rest of the world is as well. : )

Nothing to interesting today just a few little odds & ends:

::Ashleigh started crawling last night! We've had many "almosts" and "nearlies" over the past several weeks, but she's finally actually crawling.

::We get to go to a birthday part tomorrow and I'm all excited about that. This will be Ashleigh's first girl birthday party! This will be her third, she's quite the party animal. My good friend Rachel's daughter is 2 today and the party is tomorrow, of course.

:: I MUST wax my eyebrows tonight. I'm beginning to look a bit to wooly in that area.

:: Must buy groceries...ugh! Especially since a shoestring budget would be a step UP for us this week.

:: I think that the importance of putting a new roll of toilet paper on the holder should be drilled into every person's mind beginning at an early age. Teach that not doing so will make very bad things happen to you...

:: I saw where some high school seniors (I hope that's who it was) spraypainted " '06 " on a stop sign. Do you remember that feeling of joy and elation? Knowing big changes were coming and you could basically do anything with your life? Back when driving a car made you feel cool? I miss that. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go back or change anything. But all that excitement was nice.

5 comments:

YankeeAmanda said...

Yeah, but if only life were as easy as "get up, go to school, come home, do homework, go to your part-time job". Adulthood is not always all it's cracked up to be!

Kim :) said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! The birthday party should be fun! I can't say that waxing the eybrows will be fun though.. *laugh* But I guess we must do this anyway :(

Cory said...

YEA for Ashleigh!!!!!!
You'll have to actually start watching her now!

Kelley said...

So she's crawling! How exciting! Watch her go go go now!

And yes, wasn't that an interesting feeling? That life was ahead of you, that the sky was the limit? I've been reflecting a lot on this kind of stuff lately. Just about the stuff I felt back then, how I acted, who I thought I was. Boy, was I naive.

Paddle Out for Whales said...

sigh...yes those days are over! The real world is still great but it was just so fantastic when it was all new to us. We had a whole world out there to mould....we could be anything we wanted to be. Now we're here.....that "anything we want to be" has been narrowed down.....now you have to choose out of everything there is to be to do 1 thing. Its an impossibility!!