Friday, August 5

Meet my Hubby


Kenneth smile
Originally uploaded by Sunshyn93.
{Just a little note to let you all know that Friday has finally arrived and seems to be going well so far! Looking forward to a great weekend with my family. Plus today is payday, that always helps!}

I feel like I really need to take time on here to let everyone know what a wonderful husband I have.

But first, a little background information:
We met the first few days of our freshman year in college and it was NOT love at first sight. I thought he was a hippy freak and he thought I was a snob. But those mistaken first impression quickly changed and we found ourselves falling in love with eachother...even though we had a boyfriend and girlfriend back home. We snuck around for awhile and finally we broke up with our boyfriend & girlfriend and made ourselves an official couple. We've been together and in love ever since. We became engaged a little over a year later and got married a year and half after that.

Over 11 years later, we still have a wonderful marriage. We talk (really talk) every day to stay connected and love to spend time together. Although I will say here that we both firmly believe the secret to a happy marriage definitely includes time apart! We can't be together too much, we get on eachother's nerves! We aren't afraid to disagree and don't put up with crap from eachother, but at the same time, we don't have knock-down, drag out fights either. And when it comes to difficult times, we pull together and get through it.

And watching him be a good daddy has made me fall in love with him all over again! Although he tries to avoid poopy diapers, he will change them when necessary. He never hesitates to go in Ashleigh's room and comfort her if she wakes up crying. Unless he's asleep, because he sleeps like a log and never hears her. But he did get up at midnight once this week to check on her. : ) He picks her up every day on his way home and plays with her and teaches her things. He got her to start waving bye! I usually feed her, but that's because I'm stingy with her. He can feed her just fine. And if I'm cooking dinner and need to feed her, I can ask him to come finish the cooking and he will, no problem. He will even vaccuum now with minimal complaining! He even picked up some groceries the other day and put them all away (in the correct places) before I got home! AND he'll stay home from work to keep her when needed! (I'm usually "it" when she's sick, though, and that's fine with me!)

I suppose to some people, none of this may not seem like a big deal. And don't get me wrong, I do expect him to do all these things. BUT...I don't know if it's the area I live in or what, but he does so much more than many of the husbands/fathers I know. And that he gladly does it without having to be nagged, just makes it 10 times better!

I just wanted to share a little bit about this wonderful man who completes me. He is my best friend, my soul mate, the love of my life.

5 comments:

Cory said...

He is a great one!!!

Nice to meet you Kenneth! ;)

YankeeAmanda said...

He sounds like a great guy. A lot like I imagine Paul will be with our baby!

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Hey Jackie,
Let me fill you in on the education system here. University goes on grades when you finish school. If you get in from doing well at school then you have to be able to pay your way through uni. If your lucky you can get a schollarship to study and the uni pays your way. My uni fees are on a HECS plan which means I dont pay them off til I am earning over a certain amt and they deduct it from my pay until its all paid.

With regards to the course I'm applying for, I have to write a written application to prove that I am willing to give it a good go and then if I get accepted from my folio and the written application I then have to pay money to do the course. So basically you have to be able to afford that (I will somehow scrape it together!!). So sounds the same as you- you really need to be well off to get anywhere. Life is very unfair like that!!

Still haven't found a place, the stress factor has increased over the weekend. We are packing our stuff but it seems pointless cause we've got nowhere to go at present. Hope you have a great day!!! Your husband seems like a good catch :) Very rare find!

Kelley said...

Oh, Mr. Kenneth! This is a great photo of him!!!

You do have a wonderful husband...and I knew he'd be such a great daddy too. You're a lucky girl!!!

Kim :) said...

Hi Kenneth! That is a great picture. It sounds like you do indeed have a wonderful husband. I am very blessed in that category as well.

And it is WONDERFUL when they do the little domestic things out of the blue from time to time! Got to love that!