Monday, August 1

Productive Weekend....kinda...

How long before I learn that I have to factor in the care of and playtime with an 8-month old into all my plans? I got quite a bit done this weekend, I suppose, but not nearly what I thought I'd do! I was in bed no later than 10pm each night, because Ashleigh keeping me up most of the night all week the week before took a toll. Luckily, she's sleeping much better now.

I got a good bit of cleaning out/organizing done this weekend. Got rid of loads of old magazines that had been tucked away in drawers & cabinets. Kenneth and I made a game plan to get our finances in order, so we officially have no money for the forseeable future. BUT, that's OK. We've been through much worse times, we'll ge through this too.

I did do something this weekend that made me feel all grown-up, LOL! Rachel (a good friend) brought me a bunch of tomatoes from her garden and now I have 11 quarts safely tucked away in my freezer! I did it all by myself. : ) I worked on organizing scrapbook supplies, and tried to plan a few pages so I could work on them, but by then I was just too tired. Mentally tired, you know? So I just hung out with Kenneth and Ashleigh during my down time!

Here's the quandry with my scrapbooking currently. My printer is broken. We can't afford a new one right now. Also can't afford prints, which isn't a big deal because I am spoiled to printing out photos in custom sizes. SO I realized I could plan my pages on my computer so I would know the exact dimensions of each photo, then scrapbook my pages without the photos. And for posting purposes, after I scan the pages in, I can plop the photos on there. Not an ideal situation, I know, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. And I'm getting so behind. If you haven't figured out, I take TONS of photos and I need to start doing better at "keeping up." Plus I need to scrapbook some things besides my daughter's baby album. There just isn't enough time. Ever. Not to work full-time, keep the house clean, laundry done, be a mommy, a wife, a friend AND keep my sanity. Oh well... You know, since I'm so busy, you'd think I wouldn't have trouble losing weight!! ; )

Ashleigh Update: OK, she started waving on Wednesday and Saturday she started clapping all by herself. She also started trying to feed herself with her spoon Saturday. Or was that Friday night? Hmmm..... Have to check the dates on the photos of that one....Anyway, she's getting to be her own little person, and man, are we gonna have our hands full!!!

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

Way to go on getting some cleaning and organizing accomplished! That is a step. :) Sorry to hear that your printer isn't working for you to make copies of your picture, but I think you have a good plan in the mean time.

Ashleigh is definitely getting to be her own little person! How fun. All those milestones. I loved that stage, they are always doing something new.

Hope you have a wonderful week.

Kelley said...

It sounds like you still got a lot accomplished! Good for you. And your plan for scrapbooking is a good one...leave those photo spots open, and put them in when you've got them. Great idea!!!

So happy to hear about the waving, clapping and all! Man, she's moving right along isn't she!?