Monday, August 22

Out Of Sync With The Universe...and getting peed on

OK, who else got peed on this weekend? Anybody? Or was it just me?

Here's the story:
Friday night, I ran the water for Ashleigh's bath, then got her undressed. When we entered the bathroom, I realized the stopper wasn't working properly and the water was leaking out. So I sat down on the edge of the tub, with Ashleigh in my lap (naked-her, not me, LOL) and tried to fix it. Suddenly, I notice this perfect little arcing stream. AACK!!! It was like one of those little cherub fountains. Excecpt with pee, and it was getting all over her bath supplies! So I spin around and instinctively (but stupidly) try to put my hand in front of her to stop it, I suppose. But all that did was get my hand icky, not to mention deflect it all over my lap and down my leg. Of course, I'm laughing uncontrollably, so Kenneth comes to see what's happened. I laughed so hard I almost peed on myself! At least she didn't pee in the water....

Fast forward a few hours. Kenneth and I are in bed and he gets irritated with the covers and informs me that I have the sheets out of sync with the universe! My, my....that's a bit serious, wouldn't you think? Besides, it was his fault anyway. This was after a hilarious conversation we had in the kitchen, but he might kill me if I tell. Well...maybe if I don't give all the details. Basically, I was asking him some off-the-wall (according to him, I think they're perfectly valid) questions about his, um...member. He just couldn't believe I was asking such things, but I told him since I didn't have one, I had to ask him. How else is a girl to know? I have an enquiring mind, what can I say!

The rest of the weekend went pretty well. Had a great time at Caiden's birthday party. Ashleigh was very well-behaved the entire time, except for trying to pull Caiden's hair. But those pretty hair bows were just too tempting! Sunday I got a bit of organizing done, and got alot more work done on my scrapbook idea binder. Had a horrendous headache most of the afternoon and evening, but I think (knock on wood) it's finally gone now.

ASHLEIGH UPDATE: I tried feeding her some of our spaghetti Friday night. She did NOT like that at all. Have some funny pics to post, maybe tomorrow. She had her first cake & ice cream Saturday. In small quantities-Kenneth was afraid she'd choke. I was afraid she might get a tummy ache. But she liked it. I had tomato soup with cornbread Sunday night for dinner and she wanted some, and LOVED IT. Who'd have figured? AND...drum roll please....she hasn't had a bottle since Friday night! She is doing so well with her sippy cup, I figured I'd see how far we could go with it. She didn't miss her bottle at all. We'll just see if her Grandma keeps her on a sippy cup today.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

First of all, your title cracked me up! I couldn't imagine WHAT I was about to read!! :)

The peeing incident--so funny! And glad to know that YOU aren't sitting naked on the side of the tub :)

As for the sheets...who knew they were so important to the universe? Your talk of "members"...I'm sure THAT was very entertaining! Men just don't understand that we have NO idea what that must be like! I certainly can not begin to imagine what it's like to have something hanging off you like that! And I always tell Chris that...

Glad the party went well..and moving up to some real food too! And no bottle! My goodness!!!!!

Paddle Out for Whales said...

hahaha I loved how u put that Jackie..."his..umm member" I always ask Dan questions about that kind of stuff. He's a quiet type and when we first met I think it really embarrassed him but now he's so used to it. I always ask "what does it feel like?" "How come it does this?" "How come its always up early in the morning? Does that mean ur always feeling good?" haha He always answers!!

Martha said...

I am seriously cracking up! Why do men not get why we need to know all about their... umm.. members??? A girl NEEDS to know! Ahh to be a fly on the wall eh?

As for the peeing... ohh man you should have a boy! You open the diaper and it's free pee time. I swear! Diaper changing became an olympic event in my house! GOLD medal if you got no pee on you, Silver for only a few drops, Bronze if it missed your clothing......

Ahhhhh cat and ice cream my childs personal favorites!!

Kim :) said...

*laughing* You had an exciting weekend it sounds! I remember the days of the "water works" Kelsey did it to me a few times, but Brandon just waited until we got the diaper off to finish peeing I think!

Why don't men understand that we have questions about there "Members"? They are fascinating things, after all!