Wednesday, August 24

Plague of Ants

I think ants must be Satan's little "gift" to the world. I mean really, do they serve any useful purpose in this world? If they do, let me know. It might make me feel better, but I seriously doubt it.

When I got out of my truck yesterday, a little ant bit me on my toe. Hurt like the dickens, too! Little did I know this was a sign of things to come. After dinner, etc. (I'll explain the etc. in a different post) I noticed ants in the widow sill above the kitchen sink. Argh! Killed them and cleaned up the mess. Poured bleach down the sink drains in case that's how they got in. (A trick an exterminator told me about.)

This morning after my shower, I go into the kitchen to get a drink and feed the cat. OUR KITCHEN COUNTERS ARE COVERED WITH ANTS. And I do mean covered. And we have lots of counter space, which I normally am happy about. It took me about 45 minutes to seek and destroy the majority of them. They hadn't gotten into my canisters or the bread, but that was about the only good thing I can say. OK, not true. Ashleigh slept though most of this. My mother-in-law brought over some ant spray to hopefully stop the onslaught. And sweet woman that she is, insisted on taking about 3 loads of laundry back to her house to wash & dry for me today. Have I ever mentioned I LOVE my mother-in-law? So I guess I have 3 good things to say!

I got to work almost an hour late and now I feel like ants are on me!!!!!! Ick, ick, ick!

Oh well, good morning to me! Hope everyone else's got off to a better start.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Oh NO!!! That sounds just awful. I hate that you woke up to that this morning!!! I wonder where they are coming from. Hope that ant killer does its job!!!!!!

And yes...you have an amazing mother-in-law!!!

Kim :) said...

Ick is right! I don't like ants either. :( I hope you were able to get all of them so they wont come back into the house!

And you do indeed sound like you have an amazing mother-in-law!! God Bless her!

Martha said...

OMG.. I HATE ants and totally freak out when things like this happen. Normally I just stand there crying refusing to even touch them let alone clean them. God bless you woman!

Umm.. can I be a daughter in law too??

Anonymous said...

Cheap and trendy deisgner clothing from ronkaclothing.com where we sell: Marc Bouwer Glamit!, Hudson, Heels, DKNY, MiH, Basta Surf, Evening Dress, Joie, Daughters of the Revolution, Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent, Something Else, Hanky Panky, http://www.eicop.org/m-800-schickintuition-plus.aspx, Heartloom, Christmas Gifts, Dar-Ti, Womens, Cocktail Party, Gypsyz, Iodice, M20, Adia Kibur, Yuna Yang, D&G, Apparel, Wink, Fleet Jewelry, Myne, Bra, Stop Staring, Sandals by Dessy Group, Cheryl, DuMi, Blu Phoenix, LITTER, Rachel Roy Signature, Chris Benz, Madison Marcus, Foley + Corinna Disco City Bag, Joseph, Vitamin A Gold/Diva Shimmer, 7 For All Mankind, Party, Urban Behavior, Nika, Moni Moni, Amanda Uprichard, Sir Alistair Rai, Frank & Eileen, Dylan George Denim, Vitamin A Silver/White, Thayer, Black Orchid Denim Jeans, Jewelry, Theia, Straight-Leg Jeans, Kate Spade, Rory Beca, Wink - all available from our online designer clothing store at 50% off sale! Check out http://arts.harvard.edu - harvard university arts and fashion.
We admire work of Harvard University Arts and Fashion - best school of arts where great designers learn
how to create great looking designer clothing!