Thursday, August 11

Good Morning!!

At least I hope it is for you guys!

I will have a better day today. Everything I touch will NOT turn to poop. I am determined. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm all excited about a baby shower we're having today after work. A co-worker and his wife are having a baby after many years of trying. I'm so excited for them, they are two of the sweetest people I've ever met. I've got the gift ready, and I managed to get the cake here safely with no major trauma. Which is a good thing, considering the trouble I had with it last night. I decided to make a layer cake because I didn't have any pretty platter or anything to put a sheet cake on. Got the cake done without burning it. With my crazy oven, that's an accomplishment. But that's another story. Anyway, after it cools, I begin to ice it. Well, the icing is way to thin! And it's store-bought, so this should NOT be a problem. So the cake layers started sliding around. BLAH!!! I put everything in the fridge to firm up the icing already on the cake, as well as what was still in the container. I finally got it all put together and then I had to worry about getting it through the 25-mile drive to work, as well as the trek into the office. After my day yesterday, I was really worried. But I was worried for nothing. Thankfully.



This morning, something happened that has never happened in our 11+ years of marriage. I went in the bedroom to wake Kenneth up and he had a HUGE smile on his face. Then when I told him it was time to get up, he opened his eyes and looked at me, STILL SMILING. Then he mumbled something. I asked him to repeat it twice and I never did understand, exactly. It was "mumble mumble mumble get up." Oh well....it was nice to see a smile from him so early in the morning. He is so not a morning person!

And thanks for all your comments about me feeling as if I've somehow failed when Kenneth does housework without being asked. It's nice to know I'm not alone in these feelings. Of course, it goes without saying: Not a word to the men about all this!!

NEW BLOGS TO CHECK OUT!! Ok, well Rachel'sisn't new, exactly, but she finally got some stuff on it! And, my friend from work, Aimee started a blog yesterday. She is HILARIOUS, so you should really check her out.

3 comments:

YankeeAmanda said...

You rock, do you know that??? I'm really looking forward to the baby shower! See you there!!!

Kim :) said...

The baby shower sounds like it will be fun! Glad that the cake worked out in the end. :) I bet it will be yummy!

Kelley said...

Glad the cake made it there in one piece! :) I bet it was yummy! Hope the shower went well...and Kenneth smiling in the morning! Wow!!! Did you take a picture? :)

I will check out Rachel and Aimee's blogs! How fun!!!!