Wednesday, August 31

Freaking Out

OK, starting to freak out just a bit. Gas stations are running out of gas and we don't know when more will be delivered. And this unfortunately isn't some rampant rumor. It's true. Gas prices went up 15¢ between 7:45am (when I filled up) and 10 am. Lines at the gas stations are really, really long. They are saying it could be two weeks before more gas arrives and THEN it could be $4/gallon. Several of the fuel places that deliver gas to all the service stations were destroyed by the damn hurricane. So when we DO get gas, it's going to be shipped from further away than normal. Oh my God. I don't know what to do! We are stretched to the limit financially already. I can't afford to miss work, but won't have a choice if there is no gas. And I can't really afford $2.50+ for gas NOW, much less $3 or $4. I'm just upset about this entire situation. Who should I be upset with? I just don't know. The president? Congress? Mother Nature?

I sure could use that calm place Kelley talks about... Need to work and can't get has to get to work. How much does THAT suck?

Must focus on happy things...focus, focus, focus...

Oh well, back to work.

5 comments:

Martha said...

I was JUST hearing this as well!!! Ugh..

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Glad to see ur ok. Was a little worried when u weren't blogging lately. What a disaster all of this is. How frustrating without gas! Is public transport an option for you?

My heart goes out to all of the families who have lost everything!

Glad u guys are a-ok Jackie!

Kelley said...

Girl, the gas situation BITES!

It is currently $2.99 here! Tuesday evening, it was $2.59, Wednesday morning it was $2.79, and by the time I left work, it was $2.99.

And it's even worse for you, since it seems you're going to run out of gas there. I heard on the news that the US has not suffered anything like this besides the Depression. Is that what we have to look forward to, another Depression??

Very very scary.

That damn calm place is nowhere to be found!!!!!!!!

Kim :) said...

This is a very scary and depressing issue. :( I will continue to pray that it gets better before it gets any worse.

YankeeAmanda said...

Yep, it's $3.29 where my folks are, and they've decided not to come down when the baby is born because of the gas crisis. This really sucks, and it's very scary. I hope we have enough gas to get to the hospital when I go into labor! (Although I really hope that won't be for 2 weeks!)